Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years All!

I'm sitting here and am not believing that 2010 is over. But it is. So let's just lay it out there and say Goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011. And let's work for a great 2011. One that brings more resolutions than problems (that would be a first if that were true).

I was always taken by the account that I heard way back that the world was to end at the close of the first millennium. I guess the prevailing wisdom was that it was the dark ages equivalent of the year 2000 bug, but in this case the "master plan" was for the powers that be to call it quits after year 1000. The response from the church was to stop building (and hence there's a gap in the architectural record around the year 1000). I suppose that part made sense--just what was the point if the world was going to come to a screeching halt?

Hopefully we've progressed a bit since then and our insight in moving the human condition forward will show a bit more foresight with less reliance on blind faith.

Now getting back to this blog, I'm not much on resolutions and the whole, but I will state that my goal for this blog is to drop technical tidbits (that I find interesting and think might be useful to others) on a weekly basis--but just to be clear that's a goal. And not a promise. Sometimes there are bound to be bigger gaps, especially as I get busier...

Take care all, and let's ring in a great 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment