Monday, August 29, 2011

AT&T UVerse fiasco

I hate to complain.

But this is just one I have to post about.

I made the decision to upgrade from AT&Ts DSL service to UVerse--to get a better data rate at a lower price. A reasonable decision--to be made unreasonable by AT&T.

First the UVerse modem was delivered one day after they cut off the old DSL service. OK--so that's a day without service. You'd think they could be a bit more effective at coordinating this, or just cut off service a day later. But I guess as I found out this was to set the stage for further incompetence on AT&T's part.

The next day, with equipment now wired up and showing some signs of life. UVerse still doesn't come up. Turns out the order was written incorrectly. Should have been written to include support for the POTs line, but was written without. I'm guessing that some tech only just needs to unplug the cable from socket A and into socket B. But this new addendum order takes another 24 hours to clear.